Tuesday, September 22, 2015

It's been a Miracle Week everyone!!!

We set 2 baptismal dates this week, one with Daniel Horvath (Oct. 17th) and the other with a recent new investigator, Siana Peterson (Oct. 24th). We had 5 investigators at church this past week with several less active members too! In total we had 25 lessons this week! Fire is catching! (Shout out to HG fans! ;) The work is finally exploding and the ward is so excited to do missionary work! I couldn't be happier!

Here are some quick highlights of the week:

On Weds we had our zone conference! It was really long, but very good! It went from 8-5. We talked about obedience, being consecrated, and focused on becoming master teachers (focused on PMG chapter 10). President asked Elder Kaiser and I on the spot to go up in front of 75 plus missionaries and do a role play. I was nervous, but let the spirit guide and I guess it turned out really good. Everyone did a S.W.O.T analysis on it (strength, weakness, opportunity, and threat) and, for the most part, there was a lot of good things said. It was
really fun! I LOVE teaching!

On Thurs and Fri we went on a back to back exchange. On Thurs I went over to the Glenco ward with Elder Prestguard and on Friday I stayed in Cornell with Elder Reeves (a greenie) both new missionary's! It was a cool experience! I learned a lot from these wonderful new
missionary's! It was so refreshing. It was nice to be with someone who had as much (or even more;) enthusiasm for the work. It was so powerful! We worked very hard and saw several miracles. We have one more exchange left to do before the transfer ends (what...already???). I will be going with another new missionary on tues. Super excited!

On Saturday we had "Service Saturday" for a couple of hours were we helped some members clean up their backyard. It went well. The rest of the day we were jammed packed with teaching appointments.


So a funny story for the week. Daniel Horvath came to church with his 3 kids; (Kandi wasn't able to come to work due to work) Jocelyn (8), Ellie (2), and Daniel (6 months). He came a little bit late so we went out to help him wrangle the kids inside. We then found a spot in the overflow to sit and everything was going fine and dandy. While listening to one of the talks, Ellie (you know those trouble two's) threw a tantrum and while doing so, little Daniel began crying. Chaos. Dan was doing everything he could. I asked if I could help him and he said sure. He went to go un-buckle Daniel out of the car seat and then gave him to me to hold and to give him his bottle. So I don't know if a lot of you know this but, in the missionary white handbook it clearly states that we can't hold children . . . awkward. I looked around for someone that could come to my rescue and no one . . . so I took one for the team and held and fed him. I looked up at the stand at Bishop Matteson and Brother Barns who were laughing hysterically at me as they watched me awkwardly feeding a baby! Haha! I just smiled and acted like nothing was wrong which made them laugh even harder haha! It was funny though! After he was done I sat him up and he spit up on my suit... oh well...! It was worth it!  #thankgoodnessfordrycleaning


Had a wonderful full week! Looking forward to this week! Crazy how fast time has flown by. Only 2 weeks left of the transfer already and only 6 full transfers left after this transfer . . . . if only time could slow down!!! It's a bitter-sweet. Anyways, I am absolutely LOVING serving my savior Jesus Christ. Such a sweet experience! Although it had been difficult, and although there have been sacrifices that I have had to make, it has been so rewarding. You truly find yourself when you lose yourself in the service of others. What an awesome experience!

Scripture for the Week:

Mosiah 7:33

"But if ye will turn to the Lord with full purpose of heart, and put your trust in him, and serve him with all diligence of mind, if ye do this, he will, according to his own will and pleasure, deliver you out of bondage."

Hope you all have a wonderful week! I love you all so much. "Keep to the fight, it's when times get tough that we mustn't quit!"

All my love and best wishes,
Elder Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment