Monday, May 4, 2015

WOW! What an awesome week we had last week!

Tasha and Elder Alatini
I have been working really hard. We finally got a baptismal date with our investigator Tasha! I have been pushing for one! :) Her baptismal date is May 16th and she wants me to baptize her!!!!! :) It will be my first time!! I am so proud of her and how she completely changed her life for the better.

Some more good news...our recent convert, Tammi is getting married to Logan on May 22 and she asked me to be one of the witnesses! Yay! :) Tasha is Tammi's daughter so that wonderful family has soooo many good things coming up. Tammi and Logan met with the bishop on Sunday, and Logan had an amazing spiritual experience. Bishop asked Logan if he would like to receive the missionary discussions, and he said, "ONLY if Elder Shaw will teach them to me." Bishop then shortly called me and told me the exciting news...I nearly died. Miracles happen every day!!!! It was an awesome experience to see someone who wanted nothing to do with the church, but then had the spirit touch them and soften their hearts to hear more of the gospel. I am so grateful to have been able to have the opportunity to see how the gospel can transform lives!! Such a blessing.

l am super excited for mother’s day!!! Every time I think about it my eyes start to water! Ugh its bad!! These past few months have been difficult for me. I have see myself grow in places I never thought I would...a mission is such an amazing experience. It is one of the hardest things I have ever done, but boy is it worth it! It feels good though to look back with no regrets...I just have to continue to work hard and leave it all on the line.
Another fun P-Day
This week I have learned that none of our efforts get wasted. Sometimes it may seem that what we do won't have any affect or that it may be a waste to work hard when nothing seems to get done. DON'T YOU EVER GIVE UP! Keep trying, keep enduring!! Blessings will come I can promise you that! I love this scripture:

2 Nephi 31:20

Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.

In order for us to receive eternal life we need to press forward with a steadfastness in Christ (follow the gospel of Jesus Christ: faith, repentance, baptism etc.) read the scriptures (feast on words of Christ), and endure to the end.
Everyone is an acrobat!
I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and for the amazing opportunity that I have to share it with those that I love. Keep exercising faith, Keep repenting, Keep going to church to renew your baptismal covenants, and most importantly ENDURE TO THE END! I know that as we follow these basic principles of the gospel that we will receive all that our father in heaven has. The Lord requires OUR best effort and then our savior atonement takes care of the rest. Keep trying, keep doing the good! Always remember to NEVER QUIT! ;)

I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!

All my love and more!!!!
Elder Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment