Monday, April 27, 2015

What a week!

So we pretty much had the best district P-Day ever! We did the 4-T hike! The train, trial, tram, and trolley! It was great! We got to see Portland at its greatest! To make things even better, it was a warm sunny day today. I sent several pictures so you could experience the beauty of Portland! :)







This week was a busy, productive, and fun filled week! We taught 20 lessons, have 5 progressing investigators (we will be setting some dates soon, I'll keep you posted), and have been having a lot of fun. Also and the bright side, my headaches are nearly gone! I had 4 days is past week without a headache!!! So blessed! Thanks for all of your prayers and love! I can feel it! I am so lucky and blessed to have such wonderful friends and family for support!

Tasha one of our investigators is getting ready to be baptized soon. Her mother Tammi, a recent convert, is planning on getting married on May 23, to one of our investigators, Logan! Crazy stuff! I get to take part in another wedding!!!


This Saturday we had the privilege to see and hear from Jeffery R. Holland and let me tell you it was an amazing experience! Words couldn't describe it! We also had the golden opportunity to shake his hand. When we did he would look deep into our eyes at our souls! Wow!!! It was crazy! It had to have been the most uplifting and spiritual experiences in my entire life! Words couldn't give the experience justice! So cool!


This past week has just been a busy one! It has been great!


Now for a spiritual thought that Elder Holland shared with us about opening our mouths.

In Moses chapter 6 verses 31-34 it talks about Enoch who had a desire to share the gospel, but he didn't have the capabilities or spiritual gifts to do so. So he went to the lord to ask for his help and guidance and the lord blessed him with the spiritual gifts to preach the gospel:

31 And when Enoch had heard these words, he bowed himself to the earth, before the Lord, and spake before the Lord, saying: Why is it that I have found favor in thy sight, and am but a lad, and all the people hate me; for I am slow of speech; wherefore am I thy servant?

32 And the Lord said unto Enoch: Go forth and do as I have commanded thee, and no man shall pierce thee. Open thy mouth, and it shall be filled, and I will give thee utterance, for all flesh is in my hands, and I will do as seemeth me good.

33 Say unto this people: Choose ye this day, to serve the Lord God who made you.

34 Behold my Spirit is upon you, wherefore all thy words will I justify; and the mountains shall flee before you, and the rivers shall turn from their course; and thou shalt abide in me, and I in you; therefore walk with me.


Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
I know that when we have the desire to do good and ask the lord to help us that we can receive the spiritual gifts we need. We just need to open our mouths and ask our Heavenly Father for the things we need. I know that the power of pray works! I am so grateful for the ability to pray to my father in heaven.


I hope everyone has a wonderful week! I love you all so much! Remember to always go to your Heavenly Father in prayer for help. He LOVES YOU!!! I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to proclaim his love to my brother and sisters!

All my Love,
Elder Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment