Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Don't have a lot of time this week...

I have a doctor’s appointment at 11 and then right after the district wants to go downtown in Portland.

This week has been a rough one. We learned that two of our golden investigators will be moving...we hope and pray that they stay in the Moreland ward boundary. I woke up to do laundry this morning to find that our storage unit was broken into. The person who broke into it was beginning to take apart Elder Stone's bike (he left it for me just in case). I came in at the perfect time (when he wasn't around...thank goodness) and was able to take the bike into our apartment and lock the door behind (as always). Crazy stuff...The amount of theft in this area astounds me! Also while Elder Skinner was coming home from a baptism on Saturday a cop pulled him over and gave him a ticket...great...

On a brighter note my migraines weren't as bad as last weeks, Excedrin Migraine really helps. I just feel very drained. If I am not doing anything, nothing gets done! I am the motivator, I guess. Makes things a bit difficult, especially with my health. Oh well! Just keep pushing! There is no growth in the comfort zone! :) Thank goodness that when we do our best that the lord will pick up the slack!

Mexican food in Oregon is NOT the same!
I spoke yesterday...I was told it went great. I was really nervous which was strange. My talk was mainly points and then I used it as an outline and really spoke by the spirit. I have no idea what I said, but hopefully it was good. I didn't realize that I spoke for 20 minutes!!! I felt so bad! Anyway, I am relieved that it is over. :)

A miracle that we had this week was having a lot of our investigators at church this Sunday! It was a miracle, a tender mercy. It gave me the energy to keep going! :)

Thanks for the valentine package! I loved it! It really brightened my spirits! It was awesome! I loved the sweets, tie, quarters (thank you!) and the cards! Brittney, your card was my favorite! The lips! haha! When I opened it and the hearts came out, I started to dance, shake, and laugh really hard at myself!...I didn't notice that Elder Skinner was right there staring at me laughing! It was great! I loved the tie! One of my favs. Chelsey, wow you are the real deal! I think you need to come up here...I am due for a cleaning! Haha! It was awesome to hear that my sisters’ valentine was me! Ha! Keep it that way till I get back!!! ;)

I hope you all have a wonderful week! I love my family so much! You mean the world to me! I am so grateful to have such awesome support and love that comes from my family. I am so blessed to have you all in my life! You are my motivation!

All my love and more,
Elder Shaw


P.S.
Portland got cancelled because of the rain (sisters weren't up to it). So now I have time to e mail and get some things done. Right now I am at the stake center watching people play basketball. I am just trying real hard to take things day by day...

Sister Ballard called me this morning and wondered if she could come to my appointment. I was so happy that she could because she knows a lot about headaches and it was nice not to go alone, plus I didn't understand a lot of what they were saying. The doctor gave me more prescriptions and told me that it will take some time to recover...I about cried. It is so frustrating, because I am trying really hard to do the right things, and with the pain of it all and with the area I am serving in...it is draining. I am happy that good things are happening in the area, but it is so hard to be on top of it all. Anyway, we are looking at time...another lesson of patience. I am just feeling a bit overwhelmed. I just need to remember that I am not fighting this battle alone :) the Savior is right there with me thank goodness! 

No comments:

Post a Comment