Monday, November 23, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all! 

This past week I have been able to ponder and think about the many things that I am grateful for. Here is a list that I have compiled that rang for very basic things to eternal  things.

I am Grateful for:

-A warm bed to sleep in
-More than enough food to eat
-A healthy and happy body
-A car that keeps me out of the rain and the cold
-P-day naps
-A country full of freedoms
-People of Oregon...learned to love recycling, Organically grown physical sustenance, and not having to pump my own gas! 
-Abnormal and awkward situations...so many...
-Meeting and talking with people whom I don't know
-The good times and the bad
-Lots of noise=people in my life
-Laughter...lots of Laughter
-Optimism=helps us enjoy the good and live with pure joy
-Friendships near and far
-My sisters...whom I love forever and ever...they are my pride and joy
-My Father who honor's his priesthood and is the best example of service
-My Dear Mother...who radiates with the pure love of Christ...all that I am and all that I will ever be is because of my mom...so grateful for her and can't wait till I can give her the biggest hug
-Power of Prayer and the ability to talk with my father in heaven
-Scriptures, conference talks, and a living prophet so that I can progress and live with my heavenly father again.
-Temples-where families can become eternal families
-My Savior and Redeemer who knows ME and LOVES ME perfectly
-The Atonement which helps me get back up when I have fallen and which gives me the strength to keep moving forward
-The many tender mercies of the Lord and the many miracles that are always present in each of our lives
-The sweet opportunity that I have to be a disciple of Jesus Christ and represent him and help my dear friends and loved ones back on their way to live with their families forever...what an experience!
-So grateful for the gospel and for this "season" of my life to share it full-time, 24/7, with everyone I meet.

I am so richly blessed with so many things and have so many things to be grateful for. 
Glory be to God in the highest!

I am grateful for each of you and your impact that you have in my life! I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving and has the opportunity and time to reflect on the many things that we blessed with!

Much love,
Elder Shaw

  
Alma 26:37 

"Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen."

Quick Update:

The Talley's baptism was AMAZING! So proud of my boys! They did such a great job! On Sunday we took the family to the temple and had a lesson on eternal families...it has been an incredible weekend...Drew is sooo close! He agreed to have us go over the lessons with him and he told us that he is willing to be baptized. He shared with us a couple of his concerns and opened up to us...it was incredible. Hopefully he will be baptized within the next couple of weeks! He is ready!


We have been super busy with finding and teaching. We found 2 new investigators and will be meeting with them within the next week or so. We even had one come to church this past Sunday and stayed for 2 of the 3 hrs! Fabian! He recently moved to Canby from Woodburn and has a young son and daughter. He has been in the military and is now looking for religion in his life. He is another one of those "true seekers." The Lord has blessed us with sooo many solid people to teach! Now in the Lords timing we will get them baptized! ;)
More exciting news: we had 6 investigators at church and we taught close 16 lessons, 10 of which were member presents!! I have never taught that many member presents ever! It has been a lot of work with preparations and planning to get everything set so we can have members with us and it has been so nice to see some of the blessings that have come from it. Now we need to set some baptismal dates!!! ;)

People have been asking what we have been doing to have so much success in our area and zone and Elder Smith and I don't know what to tell them... We can only think of the power and influence prayer has. All of those we have been teaching and all of our successes have been blessings from God. When Elder Smith and I were put together, one of the 1st things we did was pray for new investigators to teach and to fellowship in the ward and we promised to do whatever it would take to bring and find those who are prepared back into the fold...PRAYER WORKS!!! I know that our father in heaven listens to EVERY single prayer that we say. He loves and cares so much for us. As we pray and do all that we can to reach our goals, our heavenly father takes care of the rest. I am so grateful and blessed! 

Sorry for the very quick update. I promise that next week will be better! Just have time to hit the highlights! 


LOVE YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment