Saturday, November 21, 2015

Transfer Day...WE ARE STAYING TOGETHER!!




I can't believe it...Elder Smith and I are staying together!!! We are soooo excited!!!! I will be "killing off" Elder Smith.  This will be his last transfer. Weird thing is that he is my only companion left in the mission field... We will be together for the Talley's baptisms (more in the near future ;), Thanksgiving, Christmas, and for both of our Birthday's!!! PARTY!!!

It was pretty nice...out of our 24 missionary's only 4 of them got transferred out of the zone! Crazy! President Ballard called us the day of transfer calls and told us that we are doing fantastic as a companionship and as a zone. He is very pleased and decided to keep most of us together for another transfer. We have A LOT of good things coming in the zone!! :) I LOVE OUR MISSIONARY'S!

 
So a quick update with the work: Josh and Aaron's baptism is this Saturday at 10 am at the Oregon City Stake Center. Aaron asked me if I would baptize him! He is my first one that I actually get to baptize...I am probably going to cry!!! :/ Afterwords, the Talley's are going to take us out for lunch and then on Sunday we will be taking the entire family to the visitors center and the temple. We hope that Drew will be moved to be baptized with his son's baptism, the temple and VC, and with the many fantastic things going on with his family...HE IS SOOOO CLOSE!! Dominique was telling us that every day he is getting closer and closer with his comments and the things that he has shared with her! We are just being patient and letting the Lord
work on him! ;)

Something real cool: All of our progressing investigators are being taught in members homes!!! Talley's, Darrell, Paul, Tracy, and Casey. This transfer Elder Smith and I are going to work hard to focus on setting dates with Drew Talley, Darrell, Tracy, and Casey! We have been so blessed...all of them are honest true seekers and really want to know if the church is true!!! We couldn't be happier! Also, this transfer we will be working of finding more investigators through the less actives and part member families! We are going to roll up our sleeves and find those who are ready to receive the gospel!

Canby 1st Ward is incredible! We are working very closely with the members and have seen so much success! Many are coming up to us and asking what they can do to help us...crazy! I LOVE THEM and I am so happy that I will be able to stay in Canby for at least 2 more transfers!!!! Pumped!!! #soblessed

So I have to share a funny for the week...so we were over at the Talley's for dinner this week and we were all sitting around the table with Paige in her high chair right by Elder Smith. We had mashed potato's...there is a history with the kids and those darn tatters. Josh and Paige are very sensitive to different textures and one that they have trouble with are mashed potato's...you could probably see where this is going...Paige was eating mashed potatoes and threw up all over her hands and plate...that wasn't the funny part. The funny part was when she was shaking vomit from her hands all over the dinner table...she got Elder Smith bad...HAHA! I DIED!!! I was like, "Congrats Elder Smith. You got front row tickets in the splash zone!!!" We all roared with laughter!!! Love those moments...never a dull moment with us...that’s for sure!!! Always something funny, awkward, and crazy going on! ;)

Today for P-Day we will be going to Target in Willsonville to buy "Bean Boozled," for one of our family home evenings with the Talley's. I told them about it and they all want to play! It is going to be incredible! Then we are just going to relax and then head over to Lake Oswego around 2 to say "see you later," to 3 of my former companions...going to miss them lots!

This week I had some time to reflect on the many things that I have learned on my mission and to see how much I have grown...I am so grateful to be a full-time missionary of the Lord. It has been one of the best experiences of my life. Sure it has been hard at times, but I wouldn't trade any of my experiences for anything! Those hard times that we all go through help us to more fully enjoy the good. I love the people that I have met so much...I am so grateful to be serving in the Oregon Portland Mission. I know that I was meant to come here. I have been able to reach out to people and love them...I always try to remember that I represent the Savior in all things and although they are enormous shoes that I could never fill, I have been trying to do my very best. It has been so rewarding. I have been able to feel his
love not only for me, but for others around me. When we serve others with all of our hearts we can feel of that love! These are the best two years!

Short and Sweet this week! :)

I would like to share with you some lyrics to one of my favorite hymns, Hymn # 219 "Because I have Been Given Much." It has been stuck in my head all this week!


"Because I have been blessed by thy great love, dear Lord,
I'll share thy love again, according to thy word.
I shall give love to those in need,
I'll show that love by word and deed.
Thus shall my thanks be thanks in-deed."

I hope you all have a wonderful week! Know that you are loved!

Love,
Elder Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment