Monday, May 30, 2016

May 23, 2016

Hey Howdy HEY!!

Nothing too crazy has happened this week. Same old same old! We have been working hard and had a great week this past week! We were able to teach quite a few lessons, had several great lessons with members, and found a new family to teach!!!! MIRACLES!!

We have been tracting sooo much! One day we tracted for 6 hrs straight! It's not my favorite thing to do, but there are some times that I enjoy it. I love getting to know new people! This week we were able to take TJ Kennedy, who is getting ready to go to Lithuania in June, out with us tracting and to some of our lessons we had set up. It was so cool so we were about to finish a street when we knocked on one more door. Kyle, a young 6 year old boy answered it shortly followed by Hennilee, his mom. They just moved from South Africa 3 years ago and so we introduced ourselves and told her why we do what we do. She told us that her kids have been asking life questions and she doesn't know where to turn to to answer them. We told her that we could help with that! ;) It was so neat! We will be stopping by this weds to share the restoration with their family. ;)

We have still been teaching Nels, our atheist, and it has been so cool to see his heart changing. We finished teaching the plan of salvation and shared with him the Mormon message, "The Hope of God's Light." He said how he now believes that there is evidence that their is a god?? We shall see! ;) We invited him to church and he said that he would like to come!! Crazy miracles!! We are super excited!

We have still be meeting with Rob Collins, Terry Newsom, and the Meiners family as well as Jeff Harris a less active who we have been helping every week with the yard work. We are doing our best to increase our teaching pool and getting the members involved. Our district has planned a free car wash to give the members more opportunities to invite their neighbors and non member friends to the church for a free car wash and some free food. We have it planned for June 11th from 11-2pm and hope that it is a success. We have kept the Book of Mormon class going every Thursday night as well as youth sports every sat at 10. We have been doing all that we can!!! Hopefully we will see some of the fruits of our efforts soon!

So Elder Valentine and I got the opportunity to speak on Sunday, but the worst part was that we were told last minute and had to choose our topic to speak on. I prayed and fasted to know what I should talk on and I decided to talk on Charity and specifically center my talk on a talk by Pres Monson, "Love-the Essence of the Gospel." (such a great talk, a must read) It went well, but I am so happy it is over. I would like to share with you a short poem that I shared that tied Charity with missionary work! ;)


I'll Find You My Friend

In heaven we were the best of friends.
We did everything together.
One day, a grand council was called in heaven.
We knew it was an important event.
Everyone was there-Moses, Noah, and Jesus Christ.
Father presented a plan, and we voted Christ to be our Savior.
After the council, we ran to get in line to receive our life package.
In the bustle, we were separated.
I received my package and ran to you.
You were sitting under a tree.
We opened our packages.
Mine said I would be born at a time
When the gospel was restored to the earth.
It said I would have good parents,
And the fullness of the gospel in my home.
I jumped for joy and we hugged each other.
You were so happy for me. Then you read yours.
I saw the tears in your eyes and I asked what was wrong.
You said that you also would be born when the gospel was restored.
But you would be born in a different place,
And the gospel would not be in your home,
You looked me strait in the eye and said:
Friend, Find me!
No matter what it takes or the trails you have to endure,
Find me!
And bring me the gospel of Jesus Christ.

We are surrounded by our brothers and sisters! They need something that we have, the gospel of Jesus Christ. May we find our friends and bring them home. I love this gospel and I am grateful to be able to be a full-time missionary and be able to be an instrument in the lord hands and bring my brothers and sisters to Christ.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week! Stay Awesome! Have a wonderful Memorial Day week end!

Love you!

Elder Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment