Monday, August 3, 2015

Happy August everyone! 

Can you believe that summer is nearly over . . . that was fast. I hope everyone had a great, productive and fun filled week! I know mine was.

So this week we had an exchange with the AP's on Tuesday. I stayed in Cornell with Elder Menlove. We saw several miracles. We talked with everyone! We didn't let anyone pass without talking with them about the gospel. We ended up getting a new investigator who has a young family that we will be meeting with this week! We are super excited!! The exchange was awesome! I learned so much and have been working hard on applying the things that I have learned.

On Wednesday and Thursday we took care of several zone things like supply orders, stats etc. before MLC on Friday. We also visited as many people as we could because we wouldn't have that much time left in the rest of the week to do so. Wednesday and Thursday flew by.

Friday we had MLC. It was crazy! Such a different atmosphere. A lot of new leaders in the mix. It went great. We talked about exchanges, our 90-Plans in the area, district meetings, zone meetings, and the majority of the conference was getting ready for the 31 new missionary's that we will be receiving at the end of August. Crazy . . . 25% of the mission will be out 3 months or less and only 25% will have been out for a year or more. Super excited for the mission to be swamped with "greenie fire!" We went over several trainings and talked about things to help change the culture in the mission. President told us that the zone leaders are the culture keepers in the mission and that we have to set the example and have our areas and ourselves be top notch. I guess I must be some things right because we got a couple shout outs from president and from the AP's. Just doing my best everyday . . . that’s all I can do! :) It was great though to see other missionary's at MLC I love chatting with them and seeing so many friends.


P-Day Fun!
On Saturday we had DLC which was awesome because a lot of the stress that I was feeling was relieved. I sometimes forget that there are people around me to help ease the burden of some things. Anyways we got a lot of business and information out and delegated things. We have a lot of things this week. We have exchanges on Tuesday and Friday, district meetings on Tuesday and Wednesday, SPC on Sunday and also our Temple Visitor's Center fireside on Sunday night that we are in charge of. Keeping busy that is for sure! :)

Had a great week though. Surprisingly we were able to teach 20 lessons! Yay!

For P-day today we are at Mama Dewey's house for a BBQ! We will be chillin with the zone and playing some games. Should be loads of fun!

So my sister sent me a jelly bean game for me to play, and oh my gosh, Bean Boozle, it was hilarious! 

I hope everyone has a great week! Always remember who you and what you stand for! Always remember to never quit! Y'all are amazing!

Here is a scripture to get everyone through the week. I love it so much!

Hebrews 6: 10-15

     10. For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love,
     which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to
     the saints, and do minister. 
     11. And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to
     the full assurance of hope unto the end:
     12. That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith
     and patience inherit the promises.
     13. For when God made promise to Abraham, because he could swear by no
     greater, he sware by himself,
     14. Saying, Surely blessing I will bless thee, and multiplying I will
     multiply thee.
     15. And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise.

Remember that as we do our very best every day and endure, our Heavenly Father will multiply our work so that we are able to do all things.

Love you all!
Elder Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment