Monday, June 29, 2015

Happy Fourth of July!!


This past week has gone by sooo fast . . . I can't believe that it is already Monday! We have been able to get a lot of things done, yet it seems that we have a lot of things yet to do. Anyway it is crazy!

Boy . . . I am so happy that we have a car . . . this past week has reminded me of summers in Arizona. It has been rather toasty and the humidity in the area make outside very sticky and moist. Some days it has been in the 100s. This week we should be having warmer weather again. Oregon is expecting a drought this year! :/ Yikes!! #prayingforrain I have seen that AZ has been getting some rain! I have been sending it down to you all! haha! ;)

This past week we had a lot of lessons cancel or reschedule due to the summer season. We have to be very flexible, but it was quite funny. When a lesson would cancel, something would come up instead whether it was zone things or meeting up with others that we teach. The Lord provides a way! We were able to give several blessings to our investigators, less actives, and even to missionary's in our zone. I have been learning to balance a lot of things which I am sure will come in handy after my mission in my family and in my schooling.
Missions are so great!

This past week I was able to have an interview with my mission president. We talked a lot about missionary's in the zone and in the mission who are struggling. I was able to give him some feedback and we ended up having a great discussion. He also talked about something
that I have been trying to develop . . . being bold. He said that I have developed a "very meek and submissive spirit, but now it is time to blend it with boldness." I know that he knows exactly what I need to become the man that my heavenly father wants me to be. I know that
being bold won't just benefit me in my missionary work, but also in my life back home. Being lovingly bold will help me develop the qualities I need to be a father and a teacher. Super excited to work and grow and to continue to learn as I serve as a leader in the mission. :)


Not a lot of things to report on, just keeping busy and working hard. It was my half birthday this past weekend! :) I was able to celebrate it in several ways! With my half birthday being on Saturday and Elder Petersen's birthday on Sunday, members from our ward took us out for
lunch at the cheese cake factory . . . oh my gosh . . . it was soo good! I got a fried mac n cheese burger!!! Soooo gooooood! I also got some cheese cake of course! ;) Petey got some awesome gifts from his family . . . I will send some pictures and some videos of the best gift ever!! #horse

I absolutely LOVE several of the members in the Cornell ward! The Thomas's who are a part member family who takes us out for racket ball every Monday morning and who we have family home evenings with (also with the Morris's, part member family that we live with). The Burke family who are loads of fun. Brother Burke is our ward mission leader and who's children are musical prodigies! They are sooo good! Also, many other families in the ward are simply amazing!   They are so great to us and we have been able to have loads of fun! I have been able to get out of my shell since the beginning of the mission and have found that by being myself is the way to go. I have soooo much more fun that way! ;) "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those that matter, don't mind!" -Dr. Seuss

We have several things to look forward to this week. We have zone conference on Wednesday where Elder Petersen and I will be giving one of the trainings. We have the 4th of July parade where we will be marching in, passing out candy and pass a long cards. Exciting stuff! :)

Since we have the 4th of July coming up, I hope that everyone can reflect on the many sacrifices that were made for us to live in the country that we do. All of the rights, privileges etc came from several sacrifices. I am so lucky to live in this beautiful country that I do with the many rights that I have been blessed with! So grateful! #proudtobeanamerican

May we make the necessary sacrifices to live the gospel to its fullest and share the truths and knowledge we have with others. Give others the tools that they need to be free from the world and to draw closer to our savior Jesus Christ. So grateful that we are all instruments in the Lord’s hands.

Have the best 4th of July ever!!! Do something good in this world today! Love you all so much!!

Elder Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment