Monday, September 1, 2014

Hey everyone!

What a crazy week it has been! I have been able to enjoy the Oregon weather, as it has been raining cats and dogs! :/ Literally! So many dogs and cats here! haha! I am glad to hear from you and I love you all so much!

So this week has been the greatest week ever!!! To start...WE HAVE A BAPTISMAL DATE FOR SEPT 20!!!!!! Mary, one of our investigators agreed to be baptized! The Lord has prepared Mary in so many ways. The lord IS in the details of our lives! He knows us and what we are going through! I have seen him help Mary and prepare her to make this great covenant with him! Miracles always happen when we are obedient and humble. One of my favorite scriptures is found in Alma chapter 26:12 :

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

I know that in the strength of the Lord we can do ALL things! He knows how to strengthen the weaknesses in all of us. We just need to let his light lift us up. He believes we can do hard things if we will trust him and walk forward with faith. I have seen the Lord strengthen me every day! It is so great to know that our redeemer lives and love us!! 

      

I was able to drive a tractor when we did service for the Steen's on Saturday! Haha It is kind of like the quad! Sister Steen gave me those boots to wear so I wouldn't scratch my legs!  It rained like crazy!  Elder Olsen and I were soaked!! So much fun!  (Mom and Dad say that for this city boy, this is a tractor!)

Serving in the Estacada Ward there are a lot of needs that need to be met. Being here has taught me the importance of service and charity. (See Moroni 7:45-48) "Because I have been given much I too must give!" Throughout the week I have had many opportunities to serve the members and less actives up here! It is such a humbling experience! We all go through trials in our lives, but we know that the Lord is there to help relieve our burdens.  It breaks my heart how so many people in this world don't know that there is someone that loves them so much and cares about them. Jesus Christ makes all the difference in our lives! Life isn't easy, but enduring it well makes it all worth it! So, Don't you Quit!! ;) Keep sharing your testimonies and always set a good example! You will be blessed with the Spirit to lead, guide, and comfort you! 

I hope the weather down in AZ is getting better! I learned that there is a temple dedication coming up in Nov! ha I wish I could be there! (Great missionary opportunity! ;)

May the lord bless you with your efforts! I love you all! You all are awesome! 

Lots of Love,

Elder Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment