Sunday, July 31, 2016

Happy Pioneer Weekend!!!

I will keep this weeks email brief:

On Tuesday I had my last zone meeting and I was able to bear my
testimony. I was surprised. I keep it all together! :) I feel so numb
to it all...it doesn't feel like I am going home...it is soooo weird.
My mind tells me that I am going home, but my heart make me feel like
I am never going to leave. It is so nice that we only say "see you
later," rather than "goodbye," in this gospel. Oregon and its people
will forever be in my heart.


It feels like I haven't been in Estacada all last week. With zone
meeting on Tues, exchanges on Thurs, VC trip with Sarah and James
Dysart on Friday, and my baptism on Sat, the week flew by soooo fast!
I was able to take a quick tour of the mission. Hehehe! It has been so
good though. It feels like everything is falling into place. I have
been able to wrap up and tie some loose ends...my work here is almost
finished I can feel it.


Sarah Dysart will be baptized this Sunday, the 31st, so some of her
family members could come and support her...she is sooo ready. We had
a wonderful lesson at the visitors center this past week. Very spirit
filled! She is excited to be able to do baptisms for the dead shortly
after her baptism.




The baptism was crazy awesome on Saturday. So excited for Tia...boy it
was fun baptizing her...she is a nut! Haha! It went great until...! I
said it perfectly and got her down in the water and brought her back
up. She was stable and on her feet before I let her go. It went
perfect, but then I guess she just slipped and splashed everywhere...I
was so embarrassed....not quit sure if she did it on purpose?? oh well
that is Tia for ya. :) It wouldn't have been her baptism if it didn't
happen! Haha! We love her!!


This week I have a departing interview with President Ballard on Tues
and we have a ward party on Saturday and the baptism Sunday. I have a
feeling that this coming week is going to fly by...hopefully I will
have time to take a breath, reflect, and enjoy. It is great to be a
missionary! <3

I shared a talk yesterday and would like to close this email with some
of the thoughts I shared. I talked about how we are all modern day
pioneers and how we can listen to the promptings of the spirit and
receive guidance, direction, peace, and comfort. Boy does the spirit
make all of the difference. I am so grateful for the gift of the Holy
Ghost!


















"To be a Latter-day Saint is to be a pioneer, for the definition of a
pioneer is “one who goes before to prepare or open up the way for
others to follow.” And to be a pioneer is to become acquainted with
sacrifice. Although members of the Church are no longer asked to leave
their homes to make the journey to Zion, they often must leave behind
old habits, longtime customs, and cherished friends. Some make the
agonizing decision to leave behind family members who oppose their
Church membership. Latter-day Saints move forward, however, praying
that precious ones will yet understand and accept.

The path of a pioneer is not easy, but we follow in the footsteps of
the ultimate Pioneer--even the Savior--who went before, showing us the
way to follow." (July Ensign 1st presidency message)





We have a lot of different choices that we have to make in this
journey in life...not all of them are easy. Sometimes we don't know
where to go. As we are obedient and strive to have the Holy Spirit
with us everyday it will be given us where we should go? What we
should choose? And how we should be?

How do we recognize when the spirit is prompting us to do something?
How do we know that it is the spirit prompting us?

=>Moroni 7:12-13

"Wherefore, all things which are good cometh of God; and that which is
evil cometh of the devil; for the devil is an enemy unto God, and
fighteth against him continually, and inviteth and enticeth to sin,
and to do that which is evil continually.

But behold, that which is of God inviteth and enticeth to do good
continually; wherefore, every thing which inviteth and enticeth to do
good, and to love God, and to serve him, is inspired of God."

I love you all! I hope you have a wonderful week...I guess I will be
seeing you all in 8 days!?!?! ;)

Love,
Elder Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment