Monday, July 11, 2016

Happy 7 ELEVEN Day!!! 

The day to hit up all of the 7 Eleven's and get a free slurpy! :p

Another week bites the dust...I can't keep track of time anymore...It just has gone by sooo fast. There are SO many things that I have to get done in the remaining 3 weeks of my mission. It doesn't feel like I am going home soon...it feels like I have a lot of time left with all of the things we are doing and accomplishing....yet I can also feel it because of how exhausted I feel everyday...the struggle is real, BUT I am going to sprint hard core to the finish! :) Kick it in Elder Shaw!!!

I was able to go to the temple this past week for our quarterly temple trip. It is always so nice to go to the temple. I always feel so refreshed when I leave. We have our departing temple trip this Friday which will be exciting. Brigham Ballard, President and sister Ballards son is leaving for Canada on his mission in mid August. He will be receiving his endownment that session...who knows...Elder Ballard might be there!?! ;)




This past week have been the same old same old. We have been visiting and teaching a lot people. Sara is still on for the 23rd...we might have to push it back a week...time will tell. We have been busy catching up on the discussions and have been answering several of her concerns. She has a good heart and desire to follow the Savior. It goes to show that we need to "Doubt our Doubts, before we Doubt our Faith." We need to start were we are: cling to the principles of the gospel that we know to be true and then CPR (church, prayer, read) and patiently wait until we receive the answers. We don't achieve conversion overnight. It takes time. We achieve conversion by being obedient, doing the lords will, and putting our faith and trust in the Lord during the bad and the good.

We also saw April this past week. She has had a rough life. We were able to teach more about the plan of salvation and we were able to give her a blessing with bro Tolman. She will be baptized...she just has a lot of things to work through. She is incredible!

We were able to go out with the relief society this past week for covenant path. We went with Sister Richards and Sister Rex. I love them so much!!! We had a blast and we were able to see a lot of less active sisters. All three of them came to church this past week! IT WORKS! :)

Three awesome Missionaries! Great to see Tanner!

So I had a neat surprise on Sunday. Elder Tanner Olsen came to church here in Estacada! It was sooo good to see him again. I wish we had more time because Sunday's are usually crazy and we had a couple investigators there so we had to make sure that they got taken care of. I should be able to see Tanner today. We will be meeting up for lunch in sandy and then we will be going up to mt hood one last time. :)

This evening we will be going to a bbq put on by the Elders Quorum Presidency at Eagle Fern Park. It should be a lot of fun. The Ferguson's and the Arango's will be there too! I love the Ferguson Family!! I wish I could stay longer to see them progress more towards baptism. They are such a sweet family. We will be having a lesson with them this tues! They have no religious background except that they believe in Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. It has been so cool to teach them. We stopped by on Sunday after church and invited them to the BBQ! They are super excited and they were so happy that we were able to stop by. Moments like this....I wish I had more time on my mission...this family will be baptized!!! :)

Well I hope that everyone has a wonderful week! Remember who you are! Keep the Faith! And always remember to NEVER QUIT! ;)

Here is a thought from my studies this past week. I was able to revisit some conference talks. I love the talk by Elder Renlund "Latter-day Saints Keep on Trying." He says,

"My invitation to all of us is to evaluate our lives, repent, and keep on trying. If we don’t try, we’re just latter-day sinners; if we don’t persevere, we’re latter-day quitters; and if we don’t allow others to try, we’re just latter-day hypocrites. As we try, persevere, and help others to do the same, we are true Latter-day Saints. As we change, we will find that God indeed cares a lot more about who we are and about who we are becoming than about who we once were."


I know that this gospel is a gospel of transformation. It can change us from bad to good, to good to better, and from better to best. We need to continue to endure and help others on our way. I know that God cares more about who we are then about we we once were. I love you all and I am so grateful for your love and support.

With love,
Elder Shaw

P.S make sure that you get your free at Slurpee's 

No comments:

Post a Comment