Sunday, May 15, 2016

Well another transfer has come to a close...ugh it's the worst! Can't believe that I only have two left. IT'S GO TIME!!! The goal is to have a baptism this transfer! We have been working really hard. Our goal is to set at least 1 date this week...we don't know who it will be, but we have the faith to achieve our goal! 

We had a great week! We tracted for 18hrs this week! It was still a great week though. With member referral lessons included we were able to teach 18 lessons!! Yay! We taught 7 MRL's, 1 Mem present, 2 RCLA's, and 8 other lessons (a lot of tracting and teaching at the door). We found another 3 new investigators, 2 of which seem solid. #miracles! #tractedforever #worthit



During weekly planning we have prayed about what specific streets to tract on and have seen several miracles. Here are a few: So we were tracting on Gargany St and after several hrs we found little success. We came to the last door and a woman named Magdelinah answered the door. She was born in Argentina and talked to us about how she always saw the elders walking down her street, but never ever talked to them. She also said that she lived right around the corner from a temple and was very curious about it and loved it's beauty. We felt prompted to share with her the message of the restoration. After we did she paused and said that she knows that there is a reason why we knocked on her door and shared the message with her. She wants to learn more, but said that she has to talk to her husband first. :/ We hope and pray that they allow us to come back and share with them the plan of salvation and will come to the temple visitors center with us. Keeping our fingers crossed! 

Similar thing happened when we were tracting Meadowridge Dr. The last door that we knocked before we had to leave we were able to find success. We were able to talk to this man named Jeff. He has rubbed shoulders with a lot of members and said that there has been a big presence of the LDS community here and is very curious about what we believe. We shared a short version of the restoration and gave him a Book of Mormon to read. He accepted the invitation to read it and we will be following up with him this week. :) We hope to be able to teach both Magdelinah and Jeff with their families. We have been praying and fasting for families to teach and we hope that they are the answers to our prayers. 

Some exciting news, Jeff Harris a less active that we have been teaching is getting married in June. We go up to his house every Weds morning to help out with his yard. I got to use a riding lawn mower!!! It was soooo much fun!!! 

We had exchanges with the zone leaders (was with Elder Argyle! He is so awesome!) this week on Thurs and I got to finally experience what it is like to serve in a YSA ward. It was so....weird. I guess I am just not use to YSA. It was kinda cool to be able to go to institute and to teach people my age, but it was still super weird! The Tanasborne YSA Ward covers 3 stakes: Hillsboro, Beaverton West, and Cedar Mill; all of which I have been able to serve in. I was able to run into several of the members that I love while on the exchange. I got to see my mama morris and wish her a happy Mother's Day! :) It was so great! It was one of my favorite exchanges.  



Well that is all I have to report on this week. It was a great week full of fun, laughs, and miracles! I hope that everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day and was able to share their love for their mommies. ♥️ I want to thank all of the wonderful women in my life who have been such a blessing to me. I love you all from the bottom of my heart. While I skyped home I was able to share a thought from elder holland from 2 conferences ago when he talked about mothers! "Behold thy Mother." 

He said, "To all of our mothers everywhere, past, present, or future, I say, “Thank you. Thank you for giving birth, for shaping souls, for forming character, and for demonstrating the pure love of Christ.” To Mother Eve, to Sarah, Rebekah, and Rachel, to Mary of Nazareth, and to a Mother in Heaven, I say, “Thank you for your crucial role in fulfilling the purposes of eternity.” To all mothers in every circumstance, including those who struggle--and all will--I say, “Be peaceful. Believe in God and yourself. You are doing better than you think you are. In fact, you are saviors on Mount Zion, and like the Master you follow, your love ‘never faileth.’ ” I can pay no higher tribute to anyone. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen."

I want to express my gratitude to all mothers everywhere I KNOW that you are saviors on Mount Zion and that you are doing WAY better than you think you are! I love you all so much and I am grateful for your love and examples! "Your love never faileth." 

I want my sisters, grandmothers and my dear mother to know that I love them so much! They are my pride and joy! ;) 

I hope everyone has a wonderful week and always remembers how much they are loved and needed. 

Love,
Elder Shaw 

No comments:

Post a Comment