Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Happy Leap Day! 

Cool fact that I just figured out today...the summer Olympics are every leap year as well as the elections every 4 years. CRAZY!! 

This past week was same old same old except.....DREW GOT BAPTIZED!! It was a very special day that day. I was super stressed out at first. We were running all over the place making sure everything was ready and prepared. I was able to see one of my previous companions Mitchell Smith which was great! He is doing great. Super busy with school and such. Two of his brothers are leaving for their missions next week which is crazy. It was nice to catch up with him though. 




The program was amazing! The spirit was so strong. I made sure that I got a lot of pictures. Drew did amazing. He was a little nervous, but did a great job. We had a to of non-members there at the baptism! Drew's parents travel from Idaho to be there as well as some of Drew's brothers and sisters. His grandma was even there and she swore to us that she would never enter in a "mormon church!" I was able to chat with her after and thanked her for coming and then very quietly she told me thank you and that she enjoyed herself! Hearts were softened! With several non members in attendance we took the initiative to teach the gospel of Jesus Christ and was able to talk about Drew's conversion while Drew was changing. Elder Katieli and Elder Hintz taught the gospel of Jesus Christ and I was able to have the privilege of sharing with everyone Drew's conversion story. I was tough...I only choked up a couple of times, but I held it together! That wasn't even the worst of it. Dom asked me to sing at the baptism and I was soooo nervous because I have never sung in front of others (besides my sisters in the car and my shower head ;) and I didn't feel like I could ever sing. I convinced Elder Katieli to sing with me. We sang one of my favorite songs, "I Stand All Amazed." Wow...I was so nervous and I was doing my best to hold back tears. I couldn't look at Dom or Drew because I knew that I would start crying. It was tough. Afterwords a lot of members went up to me and said that I have a beautiful voice and were surprised that I have never performed before. Then the ward executive secretary came up to me and said that we should perform in sacrament meeting...uhhhh I will have to work up to that. :/ It is crazy all of the talents that I have found, grown, and develop while on my mission. Share your talents with others and make sure to point out other people's talents because a lot of people don't realize or understand some of their talents until we point them out to them. 

That was the highlight for the week. We are still working hard to find, teach, and baptize! We had a surprise MLC meeting this past Friday in preparation to zone meeting tomorrow. We also have our temple trip this Thursday which I am sooo excited for! Can't wait!! 

I hope you all have a fantastic week! I am so grateful for each of you and the many ways that you love and support me! 

Here a a short thought for this week! I found it and ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!

“The Lord works from the inside out. The world works from the outside in. The world would take people out of the slums. Christ takes the slums out of the people, and then they take themselves out of the slums. … Christ changes men, who then change their environment. The world would shape human behavior, but Christ can change human nature” -President Ezra Taft Benson 

Love,
Elder Shaw

  

No comments:

Post a Comment