Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Happy December everyone! 

Wow . . . 2015 is already coming to a close . . . so weird . . . it feels like this year just barely started. 

So there have been many highlights for this week. We are still teaching Drew Talley! Uhhhh he is soooo close. He met with the bishop yesterday and got talking with him about baptism. Bishop told him that he is ready and just needs to step in the water. Drew was really touched! We are pushing for Dec. 19th!! We shall see how this week goes! 


Aaron and Josh are doing incredible! It was crazy! Both Elder Smith and I got up at the same time to go up and share our testimony's on Sunday and while we were waiting on the stand, Josh and Aaron ran up to sit with us. After we shared our testimonies they did . . . the spirit was so strong! I am so proud of them and I could feel how much heavenly father loved them and how he was very proud of their courage to share their testimonies . . . I might have shed a tear or too . . . so proud of our boys! 

So one of the many miracles that happened last week was when we went over to teach Fabian Sifuentez (referral from a less active) the Restoration. He read the pamphlet that we gave him 3 times and started reading the Book of Mormon. He is searching. His wife Lucia Sifuentez was raised Catholic and was very interested in what we had to share. We taught the Restoration. The spirit was so strong. We felt prompted to touch on baptism towards the end of the lesson and they both, especially Fabian were very interested. They are a sweet young couple who are searching for the truth! After the lesson they wanted us to come over this week and have dinner with them and have a lesson. We are looking forward to it! Such an awesome family!! We are pumped!!! Miracles for days!!!

Darrell Millar is doing a great job! We had some lessons this past week with him and the Ganir's. We have been teaching him slowly, principle by principle, and he is doing such a great job! He is remembering more and has keep ALL of his commitments. Towards the end the Ganir's brought up baptism and now we have him praying to know if he should be baptized. He was so funny . . . he said, "But I don't want to drown!" We all chuckled a little and reassured him that he wouldn't drown. We got a picture with him and his new suit. He is so proud of it and wears it everywhere! Ladies better look out!!! ;)

Tis the season for the hustle and bustle! We have been having a lot of meetings lately and will have a lot this week. We have zone conference all day Tues, the regular 3 district meetings, SPC, and for the fun ones: Temple Trip on Friday and Ward Christmas Party on Friday Night!! We are pumped!!! I love the spirit of Christmas! Then next week we have to finish our exchanges, Elder Smith has departing interviews and Temple Trip, and we have our Mission Christmas Party on Dec. 18th! Before we know it December will be gone! Crazy!!

This is my favorite time of the year. Everyone's spirits seem to be a bit brighter. I especially love being a missionary this time of the year! I love sharing my testimony of my Savior Jesus Christ. I am just sooo happy!! I love it! I hope everyone is enjoying the beginning of this wonderful Christmas season! 

This week I have been able to reflect the "Why," of this Christmas season: Why was a Savior born? I love the new Christmas video's #ASaviorisBorn. I was pondering this question this week: "What if a Savior wasn't born." I couldn't imagine a world without him. Having to cope with challenges alone. Having to live life in my mistakes; no back space, no delete. Not being able to feel relief from trials and sadness. Not being able to live again with my loved ones and with my heavenly father. Life would serve no purpose without our Savior Jesus Christ. Because of Him we can receive forgiveness, Because of Him we can live again, and Because of Him we can be happy. This Christmas season discover what is possible because of him and share it with others. We are so blessed to have the gospel in our lives and have the knowledge that we have of our Savior Jesus Christ. #sharegoodness

Matthew 1:23 "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us."

I know that God is with us, up and down, through thick and thin. He loves us. Share that love this Christmas Season!

I love you all so very much! I am grateful for your love and service. I hope you all have a wonderful week and touch the lives of many!

Love,
Elder Shaw 

No comments:

Post a Comment