Monday, June 15, 2015

Soaking up the Sun!!

It is sunny here in Portland! :) We have been having sun for the past week! It has been great! Also, I have to admit that I have never laughed so much in my entire life! Elder Petersen and I have been able to witness some of the most craziest and weirdest things in my entire life . . . so we would be driving to an appointment, talking, having a great time and then we would come to a 4 way stop on the corner of sunrise and 17th and we would stop dead sentence and die laughing! We find the weirdest people in Portland, (me being one of them), that just make everyday an adventure and keeps you on your toes. I love the weird people of Oregon!

This past week we have been able to see several miracles! We began this week with 0 progressing investigators and ended it with 6! Yay! We have two dates set for the 20th, but will be pushing it back to later in the month and hopefully we will set some more. :) I love the people that we are teaching! Jai and Stephanie Eller were able to come to church this past week for the very first time which was great! Rolando and Adelene, a young Hispanic couple that were tracted into. They both come from catholic backgrounds and weren't open to change at first, but now they are reading the Book of Mormon together and are seeking an answer to find out if this church is true which is awesome. :) I love them! Then we have Terrie who was tracted into that lives next door to the Ellers. She has an interest in the Mormon religion and we had an awesome lesson with her! We taught the restoration and the spirit was so strong . . . I absolutely LOVE teaching!!! Well at least get to participate because we all know that the real teacher is the spirit :) Then we have this sweet, spunky, lady JoDee! When we first met with her I swore that she was a member! The lesson went awesome and we asked what where some of the things that were keeping her from getting baptized and she expressed some concerns with Joseph smith and the apostasy which we will be covering well next week so we can get her to the font! All of our investigators we are trying to set up two lessons a week with them, one for teaching a lesson and the other reading the Book of Mormon with them . . . we shall see how it goes.

Just been busy with teaching, and helping the missionary's in the zone. :) We had several meetings this past week with the stake presidency regarding the work in the stake. It was pretty good. We learned that all the missionary's in the zone will participate in the 4th of July parade in Hillsboro. It is one of the biggest parades in the state of Portland! We get to walk, throw candy, and say hi to all of the kiddos. Hopefully it will help the area with interactions with the missionary's to show them that we aren't aliens . . . well most of us aren't . . . haha!

Also we get to go to the Nike employee store where everything is 50% on the 29th to celebrate my half birthday and Petey's birthday! I am stoked! I get to finally buy Nike shorts, shirts, and the best part....Nike slacks to wear when I proselyte! :)  #hotstuff

This past weekend has been rough...allergies really bad and I got a cold....ugh just taking things one day at a time! :)

I hope this finds everyone happy, healthy, and full of joy! Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Share you light and testimony of the savior with everyone in the way you live, act, and do! The worth of every soul is great in the sight of God!

One of my favorite missionary scriptures:

Alma 29: 9-10

          9 I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I
          do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath
          commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an
          instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and
          this is my joy.

          10 And behold, when I see many of my brethren truly penitent, and
          coming to the Lord their God, then is my soul filled with joy; then do
          I remember what the Lord has done for me, yea, even that he hath heard
          my prayer; yea, then do I remember his merciful arm which he extended
          towards me.

Remember you all are sooooo AMAZING! You are all loved! Thanks for your love and support that you give me and those that you meet!

Love you all!
Elder Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment