Monday, June 22, 2015

Happy Father's Day!


I hope everyone had a wonderful Father’s day and was able to spend some time reflecting on their fathers. I can't believe that we are almost done with June already . . . Time continues to fly by!

This week was full of exchanges. We were able to go on exchanges with the district leaders in the zone. On Tues I was able to go to the Beavercreek ward and spend a day with Elder Freshour. It was funny . . . he was the first elder that I went on an exchange with in Mt. Hood. Crazy! Then on Friday I was able to stay here in Cornell and Elder Stone, serving in the Glenco, and once my companion, came over here. Usually I would have gone over there since I have only been in the area for 2 weeks, but I guess since I have gotten use to getting areas down fast I was able to have Elder Stone come here and we were able to work the area. It went well. We were able to have several lessons with our investigators and were able to find some new ones! :)

Great Missionaries!
It has been a tough week. I haven't been feeling very well. I have been getting really bad stomach cramps and haven't been able to keep a lot of food down. On Saturday night it got bad so on Sunday we were able to get the rest we needed. Don't worry! Been drinking lots of water, taking pepto-bismol, eating bananas, and eating oatmeal. It was actually really funny. We woke up on Sunday with a text telling us that all of our meetings have been cancelled so that was a tender mercy that we had time to rest for a bit! I was also craving chicken noodle soup really bad and guess what??? When we made it to dinner guess what we had??? CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP! God answers our prayers! Haha! :) He knows what we need. It has been go, go, go. There are so many things you have to juggle: your area, the missionary's in the zone, their areas etc. It can be exhausting at times, but it is so worth it. :) On a sad note, one of our investigators decided to take a break from the lessons so she could reflect and see if this is something that she really wants. I know that one day she will call up the missionary's and ask them to baptize her. She is so special. It was funny . . . when I first met her I thought she was a member! Crazy how the Lord is preparing those who are ready, to make promises with him, to enter into the waters of baptism. She will eventually be baptized I just know it! :)

Elder Petersen
On the bright side, on Sunday we had 5 investigators at sacrament meeting which was great! We were also able to have wonderful district meetings! I love the missionary's that I get to serve! They are wonderful, each very different, but all the same in a way. They all have powerful testimony's of our Savior, Jesus Christ! Each have different personalities and qualities. I love serving them!

Nothing to exciting to report . . . It has been another crazy week. We have just been working hard and enjoying the time that we have to serve the Lord. I love working with my companion! We make the work exciting...not a single moment goes by without a little bit of laughter! :)

This week I hope everyone was able to enjoy time with their fathers and also to reflect on their relationship with their heavenly father and wish him a happy Father’s Day! I am so grateful for my father who honors his priesthood, who is a friend, and who serves everyone that best that he can. He always works so hard to provide for his family and to serve those that are in need. He shows his love by serving. I am also so very grateful for my heavenly father who loves us perfectly, who gave us his son, Jesus Christ, to atone for the world so that we can live with our families and with our father in heaven again.

In my studies this week I came across a powerful scripture about the atonement of Jesus Christ. It is in 2 Corinthians 12: 9-10:

          9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my
          strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I
          rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon
          me.

          10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in
          necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for
          when I am weak, then am I strong.

I am grateful for trials in my life because it allows me to reflect more on the Savior and rely him for power and strength. If we rely on the atonement of Jesus Christ, we can become strong. May we reflect more on our heavenly fathers love for us and also rely more on the
atonement of our Savior for power and strength. Life is meant to be happy for us, as we seek to find the good and remember who we truly are we can find joy. Immerse yourself in the scriptures, in prayer, and in service and watch your life change. You will find great joy in
your life and in those that you serve. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ! It makes all of the difference. Open your mouths and share it with others who desperately need it. Share that love! :)

I hope everyone has an AMAZING week! Love you all so very much!

Love,
Elder Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment