Monday, March 2, 2015

Happy March Everyone!!!

Wow...I can't believe that it is already here!  We have been blessed with beautiful weather here, Mid 60s with days full of sunshine! It feels fantastic! I have also heard that this year the weather in Oregon will be dryer and sunnier than usual...LOVE IT!

This past week has gone by so fast! We have been having a lot of meetings, appointments, and things to do which has been awesome! Being busy and productive is something that I love to do! My headaches have been better this week!! On Friday and Saturday, I hardly even felt like they were there, which has been a miracle in itself. I am eternally grateful for all of your prayers, love, and support that you give me! I feel your love and prayers everyday...it is such a humbling experience.

Our hard work and diligence is being paid off. This week alone we received more people that are interested in the gospel. We have begun to teach former investigators of the church, new investigators, and part member families. The work here is starting to pick up faster which is great! I know that God hears and answers every prayer! I am so grateful for ALL of the many things which I am blessed with. The gospel is an amazing thing. It can truly transform us!

During my personal study, I began to read the March 2015 Ensign, what powerful messages are in there! (read it with your families, it is soooo good!) I loved the message titled, "The Attributes of Jesus Christ: Long-Suffering and Patient." The talk really spoke to me and I feel impressed to share it with each and everyone of you.

Patience is often thought of as a quiet, passive trait, but as President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, Second Counselor in the First Presidency, said, “Patience is not passive resignation, nor is it failing to act because of our fears. Patience means active waiting and enduring. It means staying with something … even when the desires of our hearts are delayed. Patience is not simply enduring; it is enduring well!”

President Uchtdorf continued, “Patience means accepting that which cannot be changed and facing it with courage, grace, and faith. It means being ‘willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon [us], even as a child doth submit to his father’ [Mosiah 3:19]. Ultimately, patience means being ‘firm and steadfast, and immovable in keeping the commandments of the Lord’ [1 Nephi 2:10] every hour of every day, even when it is hard to do so.”

Patience is one of the hardest (in my opinion) attribute of Christ that we need to develop. The things which I have been experiencing recently have taught me to be more patient and long-suffering. It has also helped me rely upon the Savior more and more each day, for I am weak. I have learned that the Lord gives us trails in our lives because he loves us and wants us to learn, to love, and to grow. My headaches have been a real hard trial for me...but as I have learned to rely upon the Savior I have been strengthened and comforted in many ways. I have learned to be more patient with myself and to just take things on, one step at a time. I love this quote by Henry B. Eyring in the Mormon Message, "Mountains to Climb." He says, "You and I have faith that the way to rise through and above trials is to believe and remember that the Lord has promised, "I will not forsake thee." Curing doesn't come automatically through the passage of time, but it does take time, getting older doesn't do it alone, it is serving God and others persistently with full heart and soul that turns testimony of truth into unbreakable Spiritual strength. If we have faith in Jesus Christ, the hardest as well as the easiest times could be a blessing..." The trials that we are given in this life are to transform us into the being that we were meant to be. Relying upon the Lord gives us the strength to endure and to continue to keep doing our best.

I am so grateful for my Savior. I am so excited for this upcoming season that we have to reflect upon the Savior and the joy that comes from his resurrection. Death isn't the end because of him. Trials can be endured because of him. I know that our Savior loves us and that he never leaves us comfortless. There have been nights that I have had where my head has hurt so bad and I cried to the Lord to take the pain away from me. My mind then reflects to when the Savior was suffering in the garden, and how he said to heavenly father, "...if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done..." (Luke 22:42) The Savior knew that there wasn't another way so he endured. He was given angels to give him comfort as he did so. (Luke 22:43) There are some trials that we have or will face that we require us to just endure and believe that good things will come. How lucky we are to never face our trials alone. There Savior is with us as is the angles around us to bear us up. You all are my angles! I am so lucky to have each of you in my life. Always remember the Savior!

I am super excited for this wonderful Easter season coming up to remember Christ. I am also excited for general conference coming up and for the inspired messages that our prophet and his apostles will share with us.

I hope you all have a wonderful week full of joy and happiness. I love each and everyone of you and pray daily for your success and safety.

With Love, 
Elder Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment