Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Transferred!

My new Home!

Hey all!  Sorry, but this e mail will be short due to the amount of time I have to write it in. I got transferred!!! :( Funny thing is I had a feeling I was going too. The area was doing so good! We picked up 3 new investigators and were teaching just over 20 lessons a week. I miss my Estacada family! They are so great. A new missionary Elder Parker took my place . . . he is so lucky! It has been an amazing experience to see the work in Estacada grow!

I have been transferred to the Moreland Ward in the Milwaukee Stake, just out of downtown Portland. My new companion is Elder Stone who is from Houston, Texas. He is a nice guy! I moved from the country all the way to the city...big change! I am now on a bike . . . so far so good . . . I am just a bit out of breath! Haha! The area isn't as big as Estacada, but it is a good size area especially with a bike. There are over 500 members here, but only 86 are active. I have a lot of work to do! Although this past week has been extremely difficult for me, I was never alone. The savior helped me adjust to the changes. I have found that when I don't think of myself, but think of others, I have been able to cope with the changes. There are people here that are waiting for me! There are people here that can use the gospel of Jesus Christ. It has been hard leaving Estacada, but it wasn't goodbye, just see you later!
Mat and Tori's Wedding!
I am so grateful for the challenges that we face in life because it helps us rely on our source of power, the Savior. My testimony of him as grown so much! I am so grateful for him and for his perfect example. Our Heavenly Father knows what is best for us and for others. There are reasons behind every event in our lives. Every trial that we face is a new opportunity to learn and to grow! What helps me to be optimistic is to look for ways on how our trials can help us become who we our Heavenly Father wants us to be. I know that he knows what is best for us! We just have to trust him!

I hope you all have a great week! I love and miss you all!

Love,
Elder Shaw



No comments:

Post a Comment