Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Endure and Trust God in All Things

Greetings from the rainy country! Wow! Has it rained! It is crazy! I am starting to miss the sunshine...It makes me grateful when I look outside of the window and see a little patch of blue sky...haha there is always hope!


This week has been a little bit stressful, but it has been great all together. Getting adjusted to change can be tough and stressful, but I have learned that stress only comes from not having enough patience in our situations. We need to have faith in our Heavenly Father and his timing and trust that things will happen for our good. Heavenly Father is aware of our situations. He knows what's best for us. Whenever we need help or guidance we just need to ask. I know that he will help us because he has helped me in so many ways. "Draw near unto me and I will draw near unto you; seek me diligently and ye shall find me; ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. Whatsoever ye ask the Father in my name it shall be given unto you, that is expedient for you."(D&C 88:63-64)

Rain is just water dancing!
The work in the Estacada Ward continues to surprise me! We had a powerful lesson with one of our investigators Nina. We shared the talk "His grace is sufficient." The spirit was so strong! It was exactly what she needed. She then said her first prayer. It was beautiful! We also had another lesson with another one of our investigators, Bob. Originally we were going to teach him about prayer, but less than an hour before the lesson the spirit prompted me to talk about faith, specifically having faith in Jesus Christ through trials. When we got there and as we listened to Bob he talked about how he was trying to build his faith in Christ after his mother recently passed away. He then talked about some of the other trials he was facing. The lesson planned was perfect. The spirit sends us promptings and talks to us, as we listen to the spirit, act on the promptings we receive, and are worthy to have the spirit with us we will be guided and directed. I am so grateful for the decision I made 10 years ago to be baptized in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I was given the gift of the Holy Ghost that day, and I am so grateful for that wonderful gift. The Holy Ghost gives us guidance, direction, comfort, and protection in our lives. I am grateful for the gift of the Holy Ghost.

We had the privilege of having stake conference this past weekend. President Monson and several other leaders in the church talked to us. It was very good. I liked Neil L. Anderson talk when he spoke of an opposition in all things. There is a scripture in 2 Nephi 2:11 "For it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things. If not so, my firstborn in the wilderness, righteousness could not be brought to pass, neither wickedness, neither holiness nor misery, neither good nor bad. Wherefore, all things must needs be a compound in one; wherefore, if it should be one body it must needs remain as dead, having no life neither death, nor corruption nor incorruption, happiness nor misery, neither sense nor insensibility..." If it wasn't for opposition we could never learn or grow. If we never know misery we could never know happiness. If we never experienced the storm and rain we would never experience the sunshine. :) Always remember that the trials that you may be facing won't last forever and that if we turn to God we can receive peace. Just how Joseph Smith was faced with trials in liberty jail, God gave him comfort in D&C 121:7-8: "My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes..."  We can do all things through Christ.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week! I miss you all! Remember that you can do all things through Christ. Keep doing good! ;)

Lots of love, 
Elder Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment