Monday, October 20, 2014

Trusting the Lord and Following the Spirit


Hey everyone!


I hope your week has been full of sunshine! Ha!  We are just getting started with the rain here! Part of me likes the cloudy dreary days, but mostly I miss the sunshine! I love the coolness of the rain though! It is completely different from AZ rain...it is more like a mist or sneeze. (I know it sounds gross, but it is really how the rain is here...viewer discretion is advised! :) Anyway I am just getting used to the weather here. Ugh, it has given me the worst of headaches!  (Mom I can tell that rain is coming because I get a headache  #insidejoke!) I am loving it up here though! Change is always good!


This week as a companionship we have had several miracles. We gained 5 new investigators this week!!! Fasting works! Also, this week we taught over 12 lessons! It was fantastic! The Lord hears and answers  our prayers! This week has defiantly been a busy week. I was able to  go on an exchange again, but this time I stayed in Estacada with Elder Adamson. I had everything planned out and was super excited...lets just say that things didn't go according to my plan... The Lord had a different plan and it made the day one of the best days in my mission! The Lord kept me on my toes and made me feel a bit uncomfortable. I relied on the Lord so much that day as I had to decide who we should visit. We were able to visit with a less active and shared a powerful message about the restoration. We didn't have much time to plan for the lesson, but we went into it with an open heart and relied on the spirit. The lesson went PERFECTLY! There were some questions that he had that were able to be answered by the power of the Holy Ghost. He decided that he wanted to come back to church! Also, after the lesson he sang for us! He has a great voice so we invited him to join the choir. We also showed him around the church building so he could feel the wonderful spirit that is there. l know that the spirit IS the perfect teacher and as we rely on the spirit as we teach others, we will be able to meet their needs!  


Oh I forgot to tell you...I am in the ward choir! We sang one of my favorite songs on Sunday "Abide, with Me Tis-Eventide". It was great! Although we can't make the practices on Thurs night we are going to be in the choir! (Super excited for the Christmas program where all of the church's here come together and sing! It is going to be a neat experience.) 


I am so grateful for the power that comes from prayer, scripture study, and fasting. I am grateful for the Holy Ghost and for the things that it tells and shows me so I can teach to meet the needs of those who I am teaching. I know that a great teacher is someone who teaches by the spirit! I have been consistently learning to be more flexible with my plans. I know that the Lord knows what he is doing and that he will never leave us comfortless. He knows what is best for each and every one of us. We just have to trust him! ;)


I hope each and every one of you has a great week this week and to always remember that things are on the Lords timetable and that as you trust him and his power, things will turn out better than you could have imagined! I love and miss you all!


Have an AMAZING week! Always keep your head up!

Lots of love,
Elder Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment