Monday, October 13, 2014

Hello everyone!


I hope everyone is doing well! Glad to here that the weather is finally cooling off! So I leave AZ for a little bit and the rain comes?!? Wow! It has only rained a couple of times here...I am cursed with heat! No, I love the sunshine, but I am starting to fall in love with Oregon and the weather...good luck dragging me home mom! haha!

This past week has been fantastic! We had zone conference on Friday and had training on planning and "teaching where we find and finding where we teach." After our training we had the privilege of watching "Meet the Mormons," before it got to theaters (thanks to our mission pres).  It was a great movie! I loved the many experiences and stories! I hope everyone will have to opportunity to watch it. Your testimony of this gospel will be strengthened!

We had several miracles happen this past week. We have been meeting with a less active family that hasn't been to church in over 20 years. Two weeks ago we taught them the power of fasting and studying the scriptures. We invited them to watch Conference last week and to bring with them questions about the gospel. Before they watched Conference, the couple exercised their faith by participating in a fast to help them find answers to their questions. As they watched Conference, their hearts were softened and they knew without a shadow of a doubt that the church is true. They called us and told us that their "Recess" was over and that it was time to come back to the Lord and to prepare to go to the temple together. We visited with them and I could tell that there was a different spirit in the home. They were more united. The arguing ceased and I could truly feel the spirit and the love that our Heavenly Father had for them. It was an emotional experience for them as well as for me! I was so proud of them and love them even more! They exercised their faith and had trust in Christ. On Sunday the wife went up and bore her testimony! Wow! It was...(there are no words to describe it! :) Her testimony strengthened mine! I learned of the love that God has for EACH of his children. It is never too late to come back to Christ!


This event showed me the importance of having faith in Christ, not in just the hard times, but the easier times as well. In Ether 12:12 it reads, "For if there be no faith among the children of men God can do no miracle among them; wherefore, he showed not himself until after their faith." Our faith in Christ can produce miracles. We have to take a leap of faith and trust God that he will provide for us after all that we can do. We can put our faith in Christ by: 1) Praying 2) Scripture Study 3) giving Service to others 4) Obeying the commandments 5) Fasting with Prayer 6) Following the Prophet. If we exercise our faith in Christ we will be anchored to him (see Ether 12:4). No matter what may happen, if we center our lives on the savior when life gets tough, when we need strength, when disasters happen in our lives we WILL not fall! Helaman 5:12 "...remember that it is the rock of our redeemer, who is Christ, the son of god, that ye must build your foundation...a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." 

REMEMBER: It is never too late to come back! The Lord loves us infinitely! I know that as we have faith we will receive a feeling of peace and comfort in our lives. For in this lifetime we "...walk by faith, not by sight." (2 Cor. 5:7) Have your faith set on Christ and I know that if we have our eyes and ears open, we will see and hear of miracles that happen in our lives!

I am so grateful for all of you and for your continuous love and support. It really helps me become the best missionary I can be! You are all in my thoughts and prayers! I love and miss you all so much, but I know that the Lord needs me here. I hope you all have a wonderful week and always remember who you truly are, Magnificent!!!!!

Keep the faith!
With barrels of love,
Elder Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment