Thursday, August 7, 2014

Provo, Utah








Elder Shaw had his one and only "prep-day" (aka "p-day") in the Missionary Training Center (MTC) today and we were very excited to get a couple of emails from him. 

Below are the ones to Mom and Dad. Hope they don't sound too personal.  We just wanted everyone to know what he had to say, and that he is doing great.


Elder Shaw, the guy we all know!  :)  


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


MOM!!!!
Glad to hear that things are getting settled! That is awesome that you are walking to baseline! When I get home I probably won't even recognize you cuz you'll be so skinny! I started to run here at the MTC! I can't run extremely fast, but I can run!! ha Thanks for taking care of me and sending my packages! I think that I should be good for now! I leave the MTC 4:30 on Monday morning! My flight is @ 8:36 from Salt Lake and I should arrive in Portland @ 9:26! I have 17 other missionaries that are going to my mission!! It is sooo awesome! My comp is from Sydney Australia and he is going with me to Portland!!! He is awesome! So far I have done my laundry, cleaned and organized my suit cases and my resident's hall, and I am scheduled to go to the temple today at 2:25! My Sundays are full of meetings, but they are still great! I fasted for the longest time in my life till 5:35 p.m!! ha-ha it was great though! I have learned so much while I have been here it's crazy! When I teach I have really tried to understand my investigators and love them and ask inspired questions from the spirit! It has been difficult, but I have had some success! I have learned to not worry so much about the little things and to trust god in all things! I know he will take care of us!! I got the letters sent! I had a couple of extra minutes and mailed them on Tues. Thanks for teaching me charity and for giving me so much! You are always in my thoughts and prayers! I had to laugh! I saw a shirt with the stripling warriors on it with "Mama’s Boys" just like mine!! Thanks for all that you do for me and the love you always share with everyone! I'll make sure I'll send you pictures some time!! I love you so much!! ha I'll try to write more letters when I can! I love you and hope all is well!
With much love,
Elder Shaw

P.S: When I get out in the field I'll try to put together an email w/pictures that you can send to everyone! I am just trying to answer all of the emails! I love you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DAD!!
Ha-Ha, you are “well seasoned” not old!!!  ;)  Thanks for all of your love and support that you have given me! I never thought that teaching me to serve would come so in handy (ha-ha just kidding!) I am sorry that I complained so much at home! It is crazy how much I have learned and grown here!  It feels like I have been here for a month or more with all of the things I have learned! Good luck with Choir! You have always had a good voice!! (and hard to admit...the looks)  ;)  I get to go to the Provo temple today at 2:00! I am so excited! It is going to be weird not having you by my side! Anyway! I hope all is well and I just want you to know that I love you!!
Love,
Elder Shaw 



No comments:

Post a Comment