Tuesday, August 12, 2014


My Trainer is Elder Olsen,  in the middle.

Dear friends and family,

...I made it!!! I am finally in Portland Oregon!! I met my trainer yesterday and his name is Elder Olsen! He is from St. George, Utah. He is an awesome guy who works hard! Yay! ;) My first area is in Estacada!! Being in one of the biggest areas I was able to get a car! yesss! The country is so beautiful! There are so much trees and flowers! The weather is very nice too!
 It has been hard to adjust, but I know that stretching myself can help me become the best missionary I can be! I just have to always be on my toes and be open to new experiences.

Today I went shopping for the first time without my Mom as my co-pilot! It was weird! I guess that is what happens when you grow up a little bit! (miss you lots mom!) It has helped me be grateful for all of the things she and you all have done for me! Your examples, your love and expertise... Last night I was able to meet with some of the members out here. Most of them are converts with burning testimonies! I love all of them! They are so loving and caring. They feed us every night for dinner!! ha I am so blessed. 

There is a lot of work that needs to be done out here (and a lot of adjusting), but I know that with the Lord all things are possible. I just have to put my trust in him! 

2 Nephi 22 

Prayer and scripture study are some of the best things we can do to have the spirit and to receive guidance in our lives. I know that our Heavenly Father is always in the details of our lives and that he loves us so much! He knows us better than we know ourselves and as we receive opportunities to stretch a little he is always there waiting for us to call for his help. I know that the Atonement is real and as we use it every day we can be comforted and strengthened!
I miss and love you all so much! I hope all is well in AZ!   

With much love,
Elder Shaw

P.S Mom I was able to receive the packages AND the letters! :) Thank you so much! They made me tear up! On Thursday, I will be given my I PAD. I don't have to pay for it. I have Facebook in my mission and I will be able to add you, but I won't be able to communicate with you. :( 


P.S.S Sorry I don't have my MTC photos up yet, but I have this one of me and my comp. He is on my left! (I was exhausted!) :/


No comments:

Post a Comment