Monday, August 25, 2014

Hey all!

I hope everyone is doing fantastic and I love and miss you all!

I can't believe that I have been out for a month already!! Time has flown by! I love my mission so much! The people are so awesome and the scenery is beautiful! Estacada is such an interesting and fun place. I love being in the country were life is simple and peaceful! It's crazy how I don't stress as much! 
  
Portland Temple
An update on missionary work here! We picked up a new investigator who is a Baptist. His name is Bob and he is one cool dude with interesting viewpoints. We found him through a referral from a member. It is crazy how missionary work is combined effort through the ward members and the missionaries! It is like a machine. As the members and missionaries work together to find people to share the gospel with, the machine works smoothly. So much missionary work is done as we all work together! As members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints we need to talk with people, get to know them, love them, and help them develop a relationship with their savior! It is crazy! I thought before I went on a mission that missionary work was mainly for missionaries, when in fact most missionary work is done by the members! As missionaries we have the easy part to invite and help them and teach them by and through the spirit. So my challenge to you is to talk with people you meet, share your testimony, set a good example, and give referrals to the missionaries! ;) People will see the spirit that you have and will be open to what you have to say! You'll be surprised! (I know I have been!) The Lord is preparing people to receive his gospel! Another one of our investigators is Mary. She has been prepared by the Lord to receive the gospel I know it! We are looking forward to a baptism coming up! Yay!!! ;) I know that as we put forth effort into missionary work and do our best, the Lord will bless us so much! He will help us come closer to him and we will feel the love that he has for each and every one of use! It is crazy! So many people here I don't even know, but I LOVE THEM!! The spirit gives you courage to speak with people! I promise! So open your mouths and watch the lord’s blessings shower over you! It is so worth sharing the gospel with others! See D&C 18:10, 15-16. You will be so happy! I am filled with happiness everyday and I love it so much! I am able to help my brothers and sisters on the pathway back home to their father in heaven! What a privilege to have an opportunity to participate in the Lord's work!

Remember that you all can be missionaries NOW! As missionaries we need each other’s help in doing the Lord's work! 

A great place to take non-members is the visitor’s center! We are so lucky to have one! Use it to your advantage and INVITE, INVITE, INVITE!

I promise that service is the best remedy to any problem that you may have. By having charity, we are able to forget ourselves and help people who are in need. You will find that as you serve that your problems will vanish as you think about others! Service is one of the best ways to express your love to others and one of the best ways to have the spirit with you! 

I am so grateful for the gospel! It has changed my life! I know that the Atonement is real and that Jesus Christ loves each and every one of us. It doesn't matter how many mistakes we have made, or what we have done, the Lord will heal us and strength us to endure our trials! Always study your scriptures and pray and you will be blessed with the spirit.

I love you all! Keep at it! You all have impacted my life in so many ways! Always remember who you are: a son or daughter of our Heavenly Father who loves us! I hope all the best this week! Love you!!!

Love,
Elder Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment